Nothing says Autumn like the beautiful bust of different colors of foliage all around.
Autumn has always represented perfect weather, a time to go for walks and enjoy the beauty that surrounds you, however when the leaves start to fall, you know the cold winter is around the corner.
And this only means taking the necessary steps to keep warm and protect your home from the cold season. And as you prepare your home, your trees could also use a little tender loving care this time.
Sure, trees tend to undergo a period of dormancy during this period, but that doesn’t mean there’s no growth.
In fact, from September to December, trees undergo dramatic growth, and both the roots and the branches do the critical task of collecting and preserving food for the next season of growth.
So, while winter may prove to be a difficult season for plants, the stored food may be of great help.
To help keep your trees for the next growing season and to withstand the cold winter months, here’s what you need to do while we’re still in Autumn:
- Take note of your trees with health issues, and make an effort towards bringing them into good health
- Mulch to prevent water loss in the cold winter
- Aerate compacted soil
- Tree pruning/ tree trimming; late Autumn and early winter is the perfect time to cut down declining twigs and branches
- If you have younger trees, protect them from winter damage by wrapping them up with paper tree wraps
- Water the trees
- Fertilize if necessary; unnecessary fertilizing can be harmful to your trees
- Plant; for a good jump-start in spring regrowth, plant during fall
- And, of course, nothing lasts forever; this is the perfect time to hire tree removal services for the dead trees.
Need Reliable Tree Services in Buckeye, AZ and the Surrounding Areas?
Contact our experts at Trees West, LLC. Whether it’s emergency tree services or routine tree trimming, we are the experts for anything tree-related.