5 Signs Your Tree Needs Pruning
Your trees are in need of pruning and cutting back. Maybe it’s time to trim that tree or cut it down altogether.
When asking yourself if it is time for your tree to be cut back, there are a few signs you can look for.
Before you get to the chopping block because of these signs, consider consulting with an arborist so they can help determine if it is best for your particular situation.
The five signs below are general guidelines.
- Dead or Damaged Branches: If you have dead, broken branches, then you should consider having your tree pruned or even cut down.
Dead and broken branches ruin your tree’s aesthetic appeal and can become dangerous to others and yourself.
Having your dead/damaged branches removed will improve the health of your trees as they will focus their energy on growing new, strong branches and leaves.
- Branches Crowding above and below: Branches should never touch each other or the ground.
If a branch is touching another branch or the ground, then this is causing stress on a tree which could be weakening your tree overall.
- Branches Infected with Disease: If your trees have branches infected by a disease, you need to cut the limb off; pruning shears are ideal.
This will prevent the further spreading of disease throughout the rest of your tree and protect the rest of your tree itself.
If multiple limbs are infected, it may be best to get rid of the entire tree if it is already in bad enough shape.
- Branches Planted Weakened & Not Sturdy Enough: If planting the branch is too weak or not strong enough in the first place, then it can be challenging to get it to support its weight.
If this is the case, you will need to contact a professional arborist and have them take out a branch or two so that you can plant something a little more sturdy there.
- Branches Thinning Out: If your tree has branches thinning out on the sides or top of your tree, then this indicates that it is time for your tree to be pruned or maybe even cut back altogether.
Your tree needs to have an excellent shape, not something resembling a mushroom or mouse.
There are several other signs that you may also want to consider. These five signs are just a general guideline; it is best to consult an arborist before getting started.
Our experienced experts are here to help you out with everything from tree removal, tree trimming, and tree pruning.
Trees West LLC takes pride in providing quality services and exceptional quality of workmanship.
Save time and money by choosing AC Tree Service now! Call us today.